Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

jenny_ell
My Device: tour 9630

buttons/keypad not responding

[ Edited ]

So, I guess I have relied on my BB way too much to always be okay after a drop on cement or a bit of water damage. Looks like it might have given up on me.

For a while now, it has been randomly restarting on me, in the middle of browsing the internet or bbming. Usually it would start up and be fine. Today I went to use my phone and it was off. I pressed the power button, nothing. Pulled the battery, it restarted, and when it got to the home screen, once the screen went to sleep, the device wouldn't go active again. I think the whole problem has to do with the buttons not responding and I can't even get the screen to light back up/get out of standby. I pulled the battery 3 more times and I watched the progress of the restart. When the device rebooted, it got to the home screen, I tried to click on things, and it seems as if the buttons arn't responding. The ball is still working and is scrolling from left to right but I can't click on icons and the buttons arn't working either. Once I stopped the motions and it went to sleep, I wouldn't be able to get the screen out of standby mode because the buttons arn't responding.  I think I can tell that the device is still on because I am still getting the red light flashing for messages. It's been 10 hrs, still like this. I even tried to charge it after it and it is not accepting a charge(charging light not on). I figured it might be water damage, as the strip was red, but like I said, I've abused it quite a lot, so maybe it has finally decided its done.

For personal reasons, I am trying to avoid taking it in. Plus from my expierence, it always seems the employees don't really know much more than the customer when it comes to fixing phones. Plus I've been thinking about a new phone anyways. Taking the phone to get fixed or ordering a new one would take a few days. I'm not usually a phone freak and I could deal without a phone for a few days, but this always seems to happen at inconvient times.

Advice or suggestions?

Thank you for helping!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: buttons/keypad not responding

I read your message and here are my advices for you. I hope you got them positive.

1.   Try to resinstall the OS may be it is causing trouble

2.   As you say it is wataer damage so gettinh fixed is the only solution from market

3.  If you got new phone then please avoid contact with water or liquide because these devices are so sensitive

4.  New device would be give you hadac to your previous email account to be transfered to new. This can be fixed when you want.

If you need any help please let me know

Take care

Please use plain text.