Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Tanders553
My Device: Blackberry Tour
Accepted Solution

email validation

I have had my bbry tour for 3 years and never had this problem. I am getting a message that I need to validate my email on my blackberry, but every time I try it says not a valid username password and can't validate.  I have my name & password written down so I know they are correct, but the system doesn't recognize it.  Anyone I can call?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: email validation

Hi there,

Try simply deleting the account, perform a battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. Once this is done, try setting up the email account again. It should now work.

If it doesn't work, contact Sprint's Technical Support. They can help you get this resolved, and if they're unable to, ask them to escalate it to RIM.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
ncfirefighter343
My Device: Curve 8350i

Yeah, this solution doesn't work. Nextel is now replacing my phone 2 times in one week because blackberry is still having issues.

Please use plain text.
sjcamp
My Device: Torch 9800

This is my problem also, but I'm in the UK.  I believe I had the same problem last year and had to delete and re-set up my Hotmail email.  Which surprises me that a year on I have to do it again.  I would have thought RIM would be up on this one by now.  Seems such inconvenience to the user, to delete an account and reset up again!  Anyway, I'll do it again this year.

I can only log onto BIS via the PC, BB Torch says wrong user/password info from the BB!

Please use plain text.