Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

end of GOOGLE SYNC work around (or app) for WIRELESS sync for Gmail calendar

thnx for help !

i use my google calendar exclusively -no Outlook at all, no desktop manager ever.

With my Curve  i used to use GOOGLE SYNC to immediately update and sync manually.

There is no more GOOGLE SYNC (support ended) ...  Not for my new Tour as it still was working on Curve 12/12/12.

I timed my update I made on my Google calendar online and it took 30 minutes for the bbery calendar to show the update using the wireless sync in the Tour setup.

HOW CAN I MANUALLY tell my bberry to sync wirelessly instead of waiting for however long it takes to auto sync ?

Why did it take so long?

is there a WIRELESS work around or an APP  for the end of Google sync?

Using Tour 9630

thanks again!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SOLVED - found on another board

google and download "GoogleSync_40_en.zip" file with the "install.jar:" for bberry - i found one for a Torch that worked for my Tour.

Load into Tour and open with FILE SCOUT and it will install Google Sync as it still works like a charm!

My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SOLVED - found on another board

Can you confirm that this will sync mutliple shared calendars from Google. I have tried a couple of the other "helps" and it only worked with the primary calendar.
Also, is there a different place that I need to search if I have a Torch?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: BiBoB

Re: SOLVED - found on another board

Could you please ellaborate on which other helps, you've tried?

Data plans are not available for 9780 in Denmark, rendering me unable to access my Google Calendar, except from going through a browser - not ideal, by any means.

So... Any workaround would be appreciated - even only for primary calendar. 

I know Nokia has working apps such as Googasync, but I'm unable to find similar for BB (which is curious, as they are both based on S60).