Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
douge
My Device: Not Specified

facebook videos problems

I have a 8520 curve & can't veiw any videos on facebook!!every time I click on the link,it just reloads the page!!I've downloaded opera mini & that does the same thing & through the web browser!

Is there any way of veiwing facebook videos?
Please help

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: facebook videos problems

I do not believe there is.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
MGary
My Device: Tour 9630

I have a 9630 tour and experience the same problem with videos on facebook. You Tube videos should not be a problem. I believe it has to do with the flash player for BB. My research shows BB and Adobe are working to bring Adobe Flash to BB devices..

New Contributor
douge

Thanks for the help,it makes a lot of sense what you say,surely if they make these phones for all this social networking,they would incorporate this function as one can watch you tube videos!
New Contributor
douge

Thanks for the help,it makes a lot of sense what you say,surely if they make these phones for all this social networking,they would incorporate this function as one can watch you tube videos!

Thanks again
Visitor
mhaciomer
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I have finally came across two solutions for the problem. I am currently using the second one since the first one is very cumbersome...

1.) If it is your own videos that you want to watch, you need to go to the full facebook website, find the video you want to check out, say post it to my wall, then go the facebook application and click on the video and voila you can watch it...

2.) Download Snaptu. Facebook for snaptu is capable of showing all the videos... I have been using snaptu for two days and I still can't figure out why some feeds show up while others don't show on my news feeds page. Anyways, if the video is showing up you can click on it and then either download or watch the video with no problems...

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

MGary is completely correct in saying it's a Flash player problem.  Facebook videos use Flash, which is not yet supported by BlackBerry phones.  The new PlayBook supports it so we can only assume that it will be a part of BB phones in the near future as well.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.