Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
jarnex
My Device: Tour 9630 V5+
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: home screen symbols

[ Edited ]

Little White Thing

The White circle with the cross through it and meter indicator under the signal strength.  Like he said above but was ignored.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Ahhh...a picture is worth a thousand words!

That's the GPS indicator...shift the GPS settings around and watch that symbol change.

And, as for anyone being "ignored" -- please be aware that these forums are not anything for which you pay. Nor anything for which the volunteers who try to provide answers get paid.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jarnex

Mine was a factual comment regarding the responses, and I wasn't paid to investigate it with the simulator developer apps or obtain the screen-shot.  I just wish people would say they don't know then we can all get on and find out, rather than traducing questions as another or as ignorant.  All I expect is factual writing and honest and responsive dialogue on these fora, rather than vicissitudes wrapped in paucity masquerading as excuse in an auto-erotic and factitious attempt at personal forgiveness . I hope this removes the need for personal feelings of insult and the corollary illuminates the path for a direction that could result in something approaching help. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That's really quite funny! But, the result of what you ask:

jarnex wrote:

I just wish people would say they don't know...

would require, at this moment, 1,192 people to post that "they don't know"...somehow, I think the helpfulness of such an activity would dwindle quickly.

Regardless, I hope that your question has been answered...I think so, but I cannot tell for sure.

Peace.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jarnex

sdgardne wrote:

That's really quite funny! But, the result of what you ask:

jarnex wrote:

I just wish people would say they don't know...

would require, at this moment, 1,192 people to post that "they don't know"...somehow, I think the helpfulness of such an activity would dwindle quickly.

Regardless, I hope that your question has been answered...I think so, but I cannot tell for sure.

Peace.

I had no question sdgardne,  I posted a picture to make the words easier for the free helpers and you dived in with your help. Thank you so much for your wonderful help you are such a wonderful helpful and knowledgable free forum expert.  I am delighted you found what I wrote 'funny', that was exactly as I had expected and grown to settle for. It is quite frightening that the helpfulness of 'don't know' could 'dwindle', I wonder what kind of help that would become? From none into...something. How very magical.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh now I understand my error! From the words in your first post, I did not gather that you were merely attempting to help out the prior poster who had not yet received helpful responses. Rather, I had surmised (incorrectly) that you were experiencing the same issue and had posted a screenshot of yours in an attempt to better clarify what the unknown symbol was -- but, again, for your purposes and not the OPs. My apologies for misunderstanding that subtle detail. Hopefully the OP will see the above posts and glean the information that is pertinent to their information quest. Or, at least return and post anew with a refreshed request for information.

While now moot, let me clarify...

jarnex wrote:

It is quite frightening that the helpfulness of 'don't know' could 'dwindle', I wonder what kind of help that would become? From none into...something. How very magical.

My point was that following the question from the OP with hundreds (thousands?) of posts that merely say "I don't know" would render the entire thread unreadable and, therefore, not helpful to anyone. But, again, it is now moot. We each choose our own path.

Peace.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would be a little upset at first too if I posted a picture with a correct answer and have someone come by thinking I needed help instead.

Fact is, some of us help out so much that we are bound to think its a question instead of an answer when in our posting mode. I have done it myself as well. Yeah I said that.

But face it, we all make mistakes and usually learn from them.

Now lets get back to some posting.:smileytongue:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: Not Specified

Stay on topic please.

Question > Answer.

Rinse & repeat until the stain is gone.

...Pardon the poor analogy.

Thank you all for contributing to the RIM Community forum.

Please use plain text.
mdcvl
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Claro

Hi iptm:

i got the same symbol on my curve 8520.

Could you figure out what this symbol meant or how i can remove it from my home screen??

thanks!!!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]
Re: home screen symbols QUOTE: 03-15-2010 10:15 PM - last edited on 03-15-2010 10:16 PM (Ahhh...a picture is worth a thousand words!   That's the GPS indicator...shift the GPS settings around and watch that symbol change.) Just what he said...
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.