Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

AshleighLouise
My Device: curve 85200

Re: internet and bbm not working.

hi, i have a blackberry curve 8520, and im on orange, the past 3 times ive topped up ive got 2 seperate texts, one saying i have free internet + the other saying i have free texts, but the internet never worked, i got both of the texts this morning + the internet still didnt work, untill i went on options,advanced options,host routing table,blackberry key, and register now, then the mobile internet worked, untill i restarted my phone, i restarted it because my bbm wasnt working, and when it came back on the mobile internet wasnt working either:s so i tried doing the host routing table thing again and it still didnt work, i tried it 4 times + then it said 'you dont have enough credit left to access this page' but i havnt had credit for about a week now so i just have free texts + im supposed to have free internet, now the intetnet keeps coming up saying 'an error has occured if error persists please contact someone' i didnt know what it said at the someone part:$, can someone please tell me how to get this working as ive only had my blackberry for 9 months + i dont know whats wrong with it, ive been told to phone my carrier but i cant do that yet because i have no credit, i also got told to go on setup, email setup and try it that way but everytime i go on to email setup it comes up saying 'your device had a problem conecting to the server' can someone please tell me how to fix this, thankyou :smileyhappy: xx

wolvesgobba
My Device: curve 9300

i also have same problem stared on saturday no internet or bbm till monday and its been goin off and on all week,, doin my nut in

New Contributor
halobabeee
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

My internet, bbm and internet apps are not working either, I've done everything suggested on the help pages to no avail. I have spoken to all of my friends and colleagues with BlackBerry's and they are experiencing the same or similar issues, so I do believe it's a major BlackBerry issue, rather than with individual handsets. If this could be looked into that would be great. I'm not paying the stupid amounts of my contract to not be able to use all of my internet capabilities for 24-32 hours...

charlie1bentley
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

i also have the same problem i have paid for the service and i done your 1st step but host routing table is empty and i dont no y plz help everything in my service book has a tick next to it so i dont no wat else to do i constantly take battery out but dosnt help my signal is not in capital letters help plz
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

charlie1bentley wrote:
i also have the same problem i have paid for the service and i done your 1st step but host routing table is empty and i dont no y plz help everything in my service book has a tick next to it so i dont no wat else to do i constantly take battery out but dosnt help my signal is not in capital letters help plz

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If, by that, you mean you see edge rathern than EDGE or gsm rather than GSM or 3g rather than 3G, then nothing else matters. You need to contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
aurelija
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Re: bbm not working.

[ Edited ]

hi guys, my bbm doesn't work when I send I request  to my friend it says its pending and my friend said that she dint get any requests from me so she tried to send me a request and I dint get one......

What should I do help meeeeee pleaseeeeee!!!!!!

many thanks,

New Contributor
bbuser1512
My Device: torch 9810

Hi I have the same problem my bbm and internet not workin I tried following these steps but I went to options and I don't have an advanced options button plz help X
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

bbuser1512 wrote:
Hi I have the same problem my bbm and internet not workin I tried following these steps but I went to options and I don't have an advanced options button plz help X

Hello,

That post is old, and there is newer information now...finding the right menu items to perform the steps can vary by BB OS level...the links in this post have the more recent instructions.

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile network provider for formal support.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
bbuser1512
My Device: torch 9810

I tried to login to my bbid and my password is not working omw I acc hate blackberrys any solutions I tried changin my password still not working :L
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So now you've switched topics? We were not discussing anything to do with your BBID. So I am confused by what you've said. Please clarify exactly what you need as I am totally lost now.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates