Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: tour 9630 - verizon
My Carrier: mtn

memory card error

my phone is not accepting memory cards anymore,can anyone help me? when i insert a card in it ,it tells me the card is faluty and do i need to repair it and stillnothing will happen..

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: memory card error

I cannot tell for sure if you've tried this...

1) Insert an otherwise known-good (e.g., you know it can be read in another BB) media card into your BB and see what happens.

2) Insert your media card into an otherwise known-good and identical BB...see what happens.

3) Insert your media card into a PC card reader...see what happens.

The result will indicate if your media card or your BB is bad. If it's your BB and you have warranty, then seek warranty evaluation from your original place of purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

New Contributor
My Device: no
My Carrier: apple

iRe: memory card error

Did you try some data recovery tool? it may fix your card. i used EaseUS Data Recovery. you can take a try.