Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
mboette
My Device: Not Specified

poor battery life?

The first few days my Tour has died after only about 12 hours or so of light browsing, texting, and a few phone calls. Yesterday it lasted a bit longer, but so far I am very disappointed with the battery life on the Tour. My Pearl was much better.

Someone told me it takes a while for the battery to get "broken in" but I have never seen that before with any phone. 

Contributor
OurManInCHS
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Tour

Re: poor battery life?

Do you have a lot of things running in the background?  For example, GPS, a twitter app, Facebook app, AP news app, Bluetooth, etc.?  I think (but I'm not totally sure) that many of these things run in the background and consume a lot of battery life.

Having said that, I have those very functions running in the background on my Blackberry Tour and haven't had any battery issues.  Though, I've already gotten into the habit of plugging it in each night, setting it in bedside mode and have downloaded/installed and scheduled the QuickPull app (which simulates pulling the battery out to do a hard reset) to run at 0300 and I wake up each day with a fresh Blackberry filled with life and lots of usability during the day. 

Contributor
Sydman
My Device: Tour 9630

Wow thanks for that info.  That app is amazing....downloading now.
Verizon Tour 9630
OS 4.7.1.40
New Contributor
giranon

How can you tell if you've left an app open?
Contributor
OurManInCHS
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Tour

I don't know whether there's a way to determine if you have app(s) open, but I do know when I downloaded and installed some, I was given the option to 'leave running in the background on close'.  For example, the twitter app I use runs in the background when I close it and only when the QuickPull runs at night does it turn off until I manually turn it on again.
sesacnp-bc

To see if you have multiple programs running in the background, just press and hold the menu key (the key to the left of the trackball).  There will be a box that pops up on the main screen that will show you which programs are running.

New Contributor
giranon

Bingo...thank you!
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

New Contributor
peternorth226

Its been a week now with the tour and I have to say the battery life is horrible compared to my curve.  I'm sure there are no other apps running. someone else must also notice the difference if coming from the curve...
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

I think this issue related to the device software.

I recall many complains on BB Storm battery life when it was just released.

But when RIM released device software update for Storm it resolved these issues.