Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

ttt
New Contributor
ttt
My Device: 9630

Re: "An error has occurred attempting to play media" - on youtube

Yah saw it now and it gves me browser configuration
General properties and so for the
Visitor
jnrpheko
My Device: 9320

Please help me when I play music or videos it says "an error has occurred attempting to play media" please help me ASAP please
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jnrpheko wrote:
Please help me when I play music or videos it says "an error has occurred attempting to play media" please help me ASAP please

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB33330 'An error has occurred attempting to play media' is displayed while watching a Youtube video

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mleon4740
My Device: Bold

2 months ago, I  changed my BB Bold 9800 for a 9900 due to hardware malfuntion, since then I have the subject problem where I can't see Youtube videos; what surprise me is that I see people having the same issue for several moths, and a BB Knowledgebase is aware of this under KB33330 with the update:

"is being investigated internally by our development team. No resolution or time frame is currently available." 

So does anyone in this forum knows how tickets are prioritized in Blackberry Developement team?

Can someone from BB please comment on this?

New Contributor
mleon4740

Just saw that the knowledge base document was last updated on 01-09-2013 , so more than 5 months ago; however still no resolution.

I wonder how important are issues reported by Customers to Blackberry and how serious are they with its service
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

A couple of things for you to understand, please...

mleon4740 wrote:

So does anyone in this forum knows how tickets are prioritized in Blackberry Developement team?

Nope...no one here who might have such knowledge would be allowed to reveal it. Please review the Ts and Cs of this site, as it is strictly a user-to-user community, not a channel for any "insider information" such as this.

mleon4740 wrote:

Can someone from BB please comment on this?

Responses from BB folks do happen from time to time, but rarely (never, I think) would involve revelation of such information here. Things take the time that they take, and we cannot know anything about that "insider" processes necessary to complete such issues. We all here are just users...nothing more.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mleon4740

Thanks for your comments; not sure how incidents are raise with Blackberry Support personal; will try to call Rogers; anyway this is very disappointing, we are all BB loyal customers but don't understand how this issue seems ignored
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mleon4740 wrote:
not sure how incidents are raise with Blackberry Support personal

Via the contractually required formal support channels, which always start with the carriers, authorized resellers, or authorized service centers -- it varies by region and issue.

mleon4740 wrote:
will try to call Rogers

That is probably your best avenue to seek an official response. You may have to be persistent...frequent reports here indicate that some carrier agents are "better trained" than others in the actual escalation process.

mleon4740 wrote:
anyway this is very disappointing, we are all BB loyal customers but don't understand how this issue seems ignored

We have no way to know if it is or is not actually ignored...since we have no access to any insider information, we cannot truly know anything. The fact that it is indicated in the KB to be a known issue is pretty much as good of information as we can obtain...that typically would be interpreted to mean that it is on some "list" inside of BlackBerry somewhere...but where it is prioritized on that list, among the hundreds (thousands???) of other issues is something we just cannot know.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
nelson13
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

its really frustrating i have been trying for the past 3 weeks all the suggestions posted above in vain, can someone help plz? bb torch 9800
New Contributor
nelson13
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

[ Edited ]

guys, after a veery long strugle, here is the one and only permanent solution for thi, just follow these steps and ul b amazed

Resolution 1
Complete the following steps:

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options.
Select TCP/IP.
Verify that the APN settings match the APN settings of your wireless service provider.
For device software 6.0:

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options
Select Device
Select Advanced System Settings
Select TCP/IP
If the APN settings do not match, complete the following steps:

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Advanced Options.
Select TCP/IP.
Obtain and type the correct information into the Username, Password and APN fields.
For device software 6.0:

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options
Select Device
Select Advanced System Settings
Select TCP/IP
Obtain and type the correct information into the Username, Password and APN fields
Resolution 2
From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Browser.
Go to Browser Options > General Properties.
Select the Prompt before: Switching to WAP for streaming media check box or clear if it is checked.
Do a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone and try again to stream video from YouTube (www.m.youtube.com).
For device software 6.0

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Browser.
Go to Browser Options
Select the Prompt before: Switching to Carrier Network for streaming media check box or clear if it is checked.
Do a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone and try again to stream video from YouTube (www.m.youtube.com).
CollapseAdditional Information
Note: Contact your wireless service provider for the correct APN, username and password if you are unsure of the correct APN settings.

PS. u just need to tick those two boxes, then do a hard reset. thats all, if u fail contact me for more details (personal info removed)da@yahoo.com