Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
Accepted Solution

short menu - When?

I have not been able to figure out the pattern to these actions that occurs when I press the menu key.  Usually I get a menu of options that pops up on the lower left portion of the screen.  This is the desired result.  However, there are times when I press the menu key I get a bar across the screen with 5 other applications to choose from.  The applications that come up are not always the same.  Usually pressing the back key and then the menu key will get the regular menu for the current application but at other times the bar keeps coming up and I can't the function from the menu.  Any ideas?

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: short menu - When?

Pressing and hold the Menu key for about two seconds will always activate what is known App Switcher ribbon bar.

Tapping quickly the Menu key will always bring up the normal Menu, as you described.

Those are the circumstances and pattern in which the different menus are presented... it's all in how long you press the Menu key.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour

Re: short menu - When?

Thanks for your response.  This didn't occur to me even though I learned from this forum that holding the volume keys will change the song.  Neither of these facts are in the user guide - a ridiculous oversight.