Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

visual voice mail does not sync/reconcile with icon notification

new to blackberry... have the Tour 9630 and so far am very happy but am having a few issues with visual voice mail:     

1) the visual voicemail inbox does not register new voicemails... I continually have to manually "resync mailbox,"  even if I wait 20-30 mins for a voicemail to register once I get a standard notification

2) Once I listen to a visual voicemail and delete it, the notification icon on the Home screen does not reconcile that they've been listened to.... even if I've listened to them hours ago.

3)  I'd rather not receive 3 notifications of a new voicemail in my main inbox... I get notification from 1) the icon on the Home screen, 2) from the "new Voicemail" message, and (when working) 3) from visual voicemail.  I've looked but can't find how to set a preference to filter such redundant messages.

any help would be appreciated!  Thank you! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: visual voice mail does not sync/reconcile with icon notification

Hi,

Visual Voicemail is provided by the carrier.

I have found most problems regarding VV were solved by dealing directly with the carrier.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I'll connect with VZW for the VVM, but one more question pls... 

Now that I have only 1 voicemail in my VVM and regular VM inbox -- both mailboxes are synced -- the notification icon still reads "3" msgs when I only have 1 msg.

How can I get the RIM icon to update?   

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi.

I would do a battery pull and see it the icon returns to normal.

I would then call your BB and leave a VM. See if you can clear the icon when you clear the VM.

The other options is calling Verizon and ask them to reset your voice mail options and clear all messages.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

(I'm not that quick, there is thread about three doors down, so I just what and pasted what I previously wrote!)  Smiley Wink

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor

Have you had any luck with the redundant voice mail notifications (SMS, Message, Actual Voicemail)?
New Contributor

YES... press the phone icon to get to the phone, press the Menu button, goto Options.  Select Call Logging, and choose "None"  you will no longer get triplicate notifications, but the missed calls will still appear in the phone list.

As for the VVM, and Home icon reconcile... still troublesome.