Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Developer
New Developer
dc
My Device: Not Specified

voice recording prompt issue on blackberry tour.

Hi guys,

I am facing an issue while doing the voice recording in midlet, the issue is as soon as i start the voice recording i get a prompt and the recording is stopped and after that i was not able to record anything.

This happens only in the Tour, i was succesfully recording the voice with the same code in other Blackberry devices.

if you say its because of signing my app is already signed with RIM sig keys.

Waiting for your the response.

thanks

dc

New Contributor
uberhahn

Re: voice recording prompt issue on blackberry tour.

I have a similar / related issue.  somehow, my voice recorder is being turned on by a hotkey.  I don't know what hotkey.  whenever I try a multimedia playback, I get a "not while voice recorder is on" message.

in one day, i somehow record at least 15 messages that last about 45 min each...   can't seem to find out what turns it on. 

dilwood

I'm having the exact same issue, Uber. 38 messages of exactly 60 minutes each. No idea how it's starting. Hope someone can help!

Contributor
aklim
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: US Cellular

I had another Blackberry from AT&T. It worked fine sometimes and sometimes it would lock up the speaker and microphone after recording something. So, you might be recording a voice note and it works. Next time it might not work and when you dial a number, the phone will ring but you cannot speak or hear and they cannot hear or speak. After a couple of hourse back and forth with AT&T, the solution was to return the phone. The new one was fine. Wife liked it so we dropped AT&T and got a USCC Blackberry Tour. So far, so good.