Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
sugarat
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BCP-811 Info

Hi,

I am preparing to take the BCP-811 exam and other than the exam guide I can't seem to find much information on it.

The BCP-810 self-assessment provided by RIM does a great job of letting candidates know what to expect.  I wish a similar resource was available for BCP-811.

What worries me is that the exam objectives (esp. Section 2 - Development) cover a lot of APIs.  I'm wondering what level of detail I should be studying to.  Do I have to memorize all the various class, interface, and method names?  This would seem a bit ridiculous to me (why force us to memorize things that can be easily looked up?) but if this is the case then I want to be as prepared as possible.

I would actually prefer something similar to the Java Developers certification which assigns a programming project.  However, I understand this would be an administrative nightmare for RIM and probably not an option.

So, if anyone who's taken the exam could shed a bit of light it would be greatly appreciated.  (Obviously you shouldn't be posting any specific topics or questions.)

Note: I will cross-post this to the java development forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bryanwang
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: BCP-811 Info

Same here, if RIM really wants to help their developers providing a self study guide and a practice exam. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Retired
-Brooke-
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

We are very close to release the BCP-811 Developing Java Applications for the BlackBerry Platform Self Study Guide!  We anticipate that the Self Study Guide will be available in the first week of October 2010.

The self study guide will be available for purchase at www.elelmentkcourseware.com/blackberry

If you have any questions about the guide, please email: certification@blackberry.com

Thank you,

Brooke

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dilip_d_mane
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks

Please use plain text.