Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Rhodis
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizone

Re: Element K training on BCP-221 and BCP-223

[ Edited ]

A word of warning to those of you who may be thinking of purchasing the BlackBerry Coach book for BCP-221; it has MANY inaccurracies and contradictions and in some cases DOESN'T EVEN MENTION things that are on the test I just took today (and failed by a good margin).  I am positive that between the mistakes and omissions in this book (which hasn't been updated since 2009) and the wrong answers which are marked as correct on the practice exams (I can give examples but I don't want to have the post deleted for revealing info on the exam) I never had a snowball's chance of passing.  Ok, one example: for a strange acronym that I saw for the very first time ever during the exam, the only place I found it mentioned when searching for it later was in a whitepaper at docs.blackberry.com; it did not appear in the acronym list in the book nor was it covered there in any way.  I will also save you the trouble of trying to ask them for an electronic version of the book; they will tell you that you can download it for free but the only thing you can get in a pdf, free or otherwise, is the Self-Study guide, which is not the BlackBerry Coach 500+ page "Necronomicon" you get for $75 plus shipping from E-K. 

For your amusement (and par for the course):

Q.  Can I download the software instead of waiting for a CD to be delivered?  How long
does it take for delivery?

A (bogus).  

Thank you for contacting Element K Customer Service.  This email is in response to ticket number xxxxxxxxx.

Yes, you can download the media from our website at:

<Removed Personal Contact info>

When you go there please go to the search field and type in the material you are looking for. Once you find the right material please click on the title. This brings you to the next page. Once there you will see the links to click and download the media for free. If you are looking to purchase the CD from us, as long as we have it in stock it can ship out that day on whatever shipping method you would like to choose. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

If you need any further assistance regarding this matter, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or call us at <Removed Personal Contact info> Option 2 then Option1 and reference the ticket number listed above.

Thank you,

(hidden to protect the guilty)

Element K Courseware Customer Service
<Removed Personal Contact info>

Good luck on the test, people.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dreger13
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Element K training on BCP-221 and BCP-223

Yes, Very helpfull!

I passed both exams .. If anybody is interested, these two books with the included CDs are up for sale.

Please use plain text.