Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
mirza310
My Device: Curve

Application inventory

Hi, I am new to development to BES. I have a requirement to collect the information acout the different applications that are installed on the devices currently in use under the BES.

IS it possible to get an inventory made which would give me the details of all the applications. If so , then how?

A sample code could help tremendously.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Application inventory

This is a community forum for the PlayBook. Normally BlackBerry Employees don't frequent these pages although there are several posters who are very knowledgeable. They may pass some info onto you but I would suggest you either contact BlackBerry directly or go onto their websites and look around for your specific needs. I think I saw that stuff on a BES page.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Have you checked out BWS?
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/bds/bws/enterprise/admin/6.2.0.35/

It has many functions available such as this, each call includes a Java code sample.

Take a look and let me know if you have questions.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
mirza310

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
I have some queries. The link gives information about Web SErvices 6.2

Do these also work for the BES 5.0.1 and 5.0.3.

Form what I know the Blackberry Administration API could be used for them but I have not found the specific function that could give me the desired result and also the possible format of the output that I could get from the Server.

Thanks

Retired
gbeukeboom

BWS works in BES versions 5.0.3 and higher, I wouldn't recommend using BAA as it won't be supported past BES 5.0 and is much less friendly to develop for.

Here is the link to the BWS docs where you can also see the 5.0.3 APIs:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Web+Services+for+E...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
mirza310

Hi thanks for the pointers.
At the moment I might require to develop for 5.0.1, which I have not done before and might not do any thing with it in the future.
I didnt find a direct reference to application information being asked from the server in 5.0.1 by using API's.

Just by looking at it without going into detail, I can see that the WS for 5.0.3 and higher is much easier to develop.

Do you know in which format I would get the output from the Server. XML?

Retired
gbeukeboom

Yes, it's all XML based.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!