Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
jk_bb
My Device: TBD
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0.3 api to modify account configuration?

Hi,

I want to temporarily disable users from sending and receiving email and messages on their devices.  From what I have read, the way to do this is to set "Redirect to Blackberry device" to "no" in the account configuration.  The problem that I have is that I want to do this from a Java application using the BES 5.0.3 Web Service interface and I can not find any way to do this.

I can retrieve the current value in the AccountConfiguration object and I can see that it has a setter, but what is the method in the BWS interface that I would use to change the configuration on the server?  Is this not yet supported, or have I overlooked something?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BES 5.0.3 api to modify account configuration?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Currently this functionality is not supported. You can programmatically set the email filters or folder redirection using BWS, but stopping mailflow altogether is not supported.

Feel free to submit a request for this functionality using Issue Tracker (linked in my signature). It's important when filing a new feature request to include a good business use case.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jk_bb
My Device: TBD

Re: BES 5.0.3 api to modify account configuration?

Thanks for checking into this.  I looked into the BAA interface and was able to use the BAACore setUser() method to change the value on the server, so I will use that for now.  I will probably try the BWS interface again later if I find that I can be more selective about the configuration settings.  I do like what you all did to simplify the api.

Please use plain text.