Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Developer
My Device: BES
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES5 Refresh available users via API

I am using the BES 5 API to create BES enabled users.  However, the BES 5 API cannot find new exchange users until the next day.

I found that if I logon to the BES Administration Service, click on "Create a user", click on "Search", that a "Refresh available user list from company directory" button is provided at the bottom of the screen.  When I press the "Refresh available user list from company directory" button, it only takes around 60 seconds for the new exchange user to show up.

Is there a method I can call in the API to kick off the "Refresh available user list from company directory" command.  Alternativey, is there a command line tool I could use to achieve the same result?

We have a fully automated provisioning system for a hosted environment.  Performing manual tasks or waiting 24 hours before new exchange users shows up does not meet our requirements.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BES5 Refresh available users via API

Hi yournames,

This feature is currently not available through the BAA however this has been requested already for consideration in a future version of BAA. This may be possible using the BRK/BUA utilities but you would need to check with the BES 5.0 forums for more information on this:

Goodbye everybody!
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: orange

Re: BES5 Refresh available users via API

I find myself in this exact same position. Did you resolve it in the end?

Thanks, Colm