Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
Kiran_Snist
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can we be able to upload a new app to BES

Hi,

We are trying to create a web application client, which allows the admin to upload an application to the BES server so that the bb users will get a push notification. We have gone through the Blackberry Administration API and observed that we can set IT policies and configuration and add user if required and so on. But I have not seen any information of uploading an application to BES server i.e we are trying to automate the process of loading a new app to the BES  and  sending the notification to the set of users or group for the Admin, to make the task of our admin easy and fast.

Is this possible??.. Awaiting your reply at the furthest!!

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can we be able to upload a new app to BES

There is no API to upload an application to the BES. If you need support with adding the application to the BES for deployment then please post over to the BES boards:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/bd-p/bes5
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Kiran_Snist

Hi boom,

I have posted a detailed requirement in the forum you mentioned.  But I also want to hear from you about the below question:

As you told there are no APIs. What is the best procudeure to do it other than manual process mentioned in the below link :

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB03748&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Can we be able to automate the process of indexing and all. If you say YES. I will confirm my manager that there is no way to upload the app to the BES using any API. 

Thanks in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The only way to add applications currently is through the BAS which is a manual process. There is not yet the ability to programmatically add applications to the BES.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Kiran_Snist

Thanks for your time garett...
I will confirm this to my manager...
Please use plain text.