Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone Mumbai

Connecting to BES service

HI,

I am creating App that will get web service data using BES server what do I need to do in my C++ Network code to acheive this.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Connecting to BES service

Resurrecting this rather than raising my own Thread, as my question is probably an extension of this.

Can someone point me at some documentation that describes the implications of using a BES connection from the Work Perimeter.  I'm interested in things like encryption and compression, and what I need to do to establish this connection. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If your app is installed on the Work Perimeter then all networking is routed through the Work network. There is nothing needed to configure in the app unless using cURL, in which case you need to set the proxy info for your connection.

Any encryption or compression would also be handled transparently, but I'm not familiar with what BES 10 offers myself. Let me know if you need more details and I will see about finding you a resource.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

There is a BES 10 policy "Work Network Usage for Personal Applications", can an application detect if it is using the work network?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

simon_hain wrote:
There is a BES 10 policy "Work Network Usage for Personal Applications", can an application detect if it is using the work network?

That setting is specifically for apps in the personal perimeter, app in the work perimeter will always use the work network.

For personal perimeter apps there is no supported way to determine the connection is happening over a work perimeter, the networking is transparent to the application at the QNetwork level.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!