Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Deploying BlackBerry 10 app to BES10 Enterprises

[ Edited ]

How does an application developer get in touch with a representative from BlackBerry to deploy a custom application that could be of interest to BES10 Enterprise Customers?

I keep hearing about "Application Partners". How do you become an application partner? How does an application developer with a business solution reach the appropriate stakeholder?... maybe to conduct a pilot program of the BB10 app?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Deploying BlackBerry 10 app to BES10 Enterprises

BES apps get deployed without any work from BlackBerry, if an Enterprise has a BAR file they can deploy it, easy as that. They can also curate their enterprise catalog with apps from BlackBerry World.

What sort of application do you have? Is it available through BlackBerry World already?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Developer

My application allows for businesses to streamline talent identification and new hire onboarding using their BlackBerry 10 device(s). The application is still in development. The challenge I am facing now is identifying the businesses who are seeking out this solution and deploying to them. 

Retired

Would the app be specific/customized to one Enterprise?

Are you planning to place the application into BlackBerry World or will the only distribution model be via B2B?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Great questions. There are two distinct stakeholder groups. 

Business/Enterprise Group

Access and control by HR Stakeholders from within the enterprise or SMB. This could mean an entire department, regional groups, or members of the global organization.

Characteristics

Deployed B2B, not publicly available version. Requires per-company deployment strategy.
Information and access silo'd to company interaction with the application. Risk managed. 

The application will require initial setup which is specific to each company. The features of the app deployed is the same however. 

Consumer Facing Group (job seekers/talent aka human capital)

Publicly distributed through BlackBerry World. Enables job seekers to apply for jobs from their device. Access point to any communication or interaction with target company during the application/hiring/onboarding process.

Retired

I'm checking into this for you, will let you know what I hear back.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Deploying apps in BES10 if you have a bar file is fine, but not if it is a ported app. In  BES 10 the android runtime is either locked or disabled which disallows ported apps - if I'm not mistaken.

What needs to be made provision for in my case would be the ability in the policy to selectively enable the android runtime so that my organizations chosen apps either from BB World or our own Ported Apps can be deployed and run in a Workspace only Activation.

Can you help out here? 

Retired

raselj wrote:

Deploying apps in BES10 if you have a bar file is fine, but not if it is a ported app. In  BES 10 the android runtime is either locked or disabled which disallows ported apps - if I'm not mistaken.

What needs to be made provision for in my case would be the ability in the policy to selectively enable the android runtime so that my organizations chosen apps either from BB World or our own Ported Apps can be deployed and run in a Workspace only Activation.

Can you help out here? 

Android Runtime is not supported in the Work perimeter. I would suggest posting to one of the BES boards for more information as it is not development related:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/businessforums

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!