Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Batelco

Developing corporate apps and testing

Hi Everyone, someone suggested I post the questions on this forum so here goes:

I've just started building on BB10 cascades and migrating some of the apps we created for the old platform based on Java.

we were relying on a feature in BES which appends the email of the user to the http headers, unfortunatly we can't seem to figure a solution for this on BES10. was wondering if anyone could point me to the correct API which will fetch me the email account of the user which is registered on the client device (the work email specifically). this is required to give a 'signle sign on' feel to our apps which our users are used to by now.

Also during testing and deploying to device, the deployment always pushes to ‘Personal’ instead of ‘Work’ profile which I think based on our policy in BES10 prevents communication with intranet web servers, in the simulator it is working fine and is able to connect to our web services, but on an actual device it doesnt work.

Thanks for your support!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Developing corporate apps and testing

Hi Noplace,

For fetching the email address I would recommend posting to the Cascades board.

As for testing, you cannot debug on the Work Perimeter. Your options would be to either:

1) Deploy via the BES to the work perimeter, possibly using a build that dumps output to the /shared directory or the screen

2) Deploy to your device with an active WiFi (either intranet or VPN) connection to your work network.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!