Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Emergency Contact List - BES 5.0?? and OS 7

Have you verified that your XML files have been fully updated as discussed in the previous posts?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolb_9
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, verified the Global settings in SQL tables too.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Are you able to deploy applications to the device successfully? 

What sort of reliability do you use for the pushes? Do you receive notification that the push was successfully received by the BES? Do you receive notice of the push being received by the device?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolb_9

Yes, applications do deploy to the devices. 

I don't know about reliability.  Can you tell me where to look  for that?

I am not sure that we have it set up to nofity us the request was on received by BES..  I can see the requests in the MDS logs though, and there are differences between those that work and those that don't, but no errors or failures.

No device alerts for ECL when pushed to OS 7, but we do get alerts when pushing to OS 6 devices. 

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

"I can see the requests in the MDS logs though, and there are differences between those that work and those that don't, but no errors or failures."

Could you post a snippet from the MDAT logs that shows the successful and unsuccessful pushes?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
kskinner
My Device: 8350i Curve

Yes, we have the same issue. We have many users with OS6 or less that have the application and can receive the data with no problem.  We now have two or three users with a new BB with OS7 that can get the application installed, but can't get the data.

I've looked over the MDAT log and the entries for successful/unsuccessful pushes are almost identical with no obvious error.  There are no other log entries that give a clue for this issue as well.  Just wanted to check and see if this post had been solved before I start breaking down the code.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolb_9

No, we have not resolved it.  We passed it on to our development team, but no word on when we'll get their time.

I have not had time to post "log snippets" as gleaning only relevant items with debug log level is time consuming.  But, I agree, no obvious errors.  The device even has activity arrows in upper right corner at push time, but if you set an alert for an ECL update, it does not even trigger the alert.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

What OS version of 9930 is being used to reproduce this issue? Have *any* changes been made to the original sample application? I can try to reproduce in house with the sample if it is the same as the code you are using.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolb_9

9930 OS version as stated in BAS console:  7.0.0.254 (Platform 5.0.0.459)

Our developer says the source was not modified.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

I worked through this issue today and I was able to reproduce the problem. It seems that when the StreamConnection closes it throws a NullPointerException which then prevents any of the received data from being stored.

The good news is that this is related to another bug that was logged so we do have a workaround which you can implement until this gets fixed. The fix is to handle the connection the same way it is handled with the HTTPPushDemo, implement an MDSPushInputStream object in the same manner used in that sample. Make the call to MDSPushInputStream #accept() right before StreamConnection#close() which will allow the connection to be closed without error, the data to be persistsed, and the application to work in OS 7.0. 

Let me know if you experience any difficulties with the above.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.