Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Regular Visitor
pfid
My Device: -

Enterprise/B2B/In House distribution?

I want to develop a mobile web-app (cross-platform) for another company, and also support BlackBerry 10. So far, however, I failed to find the information I need regarding app distribution.

If possible, I want to distribute my apps directly to my customers devices (over the air distribution ...), but I guess I cannot use the method mentioned here (http://developer.blackberry.com/distribute/enterprise_application_distribution.html), since the other company will have their own device management in place already.

iOS for example offers the possibility, to set up your own distribution server, where you can distribute apps by e.g. sharing a web-link to this server. Is there any similar method for BlackBerry 10 distribution, or what would be best practice in my situation?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Enterprise/B2B/In House distribution?

Currently there are 2 options to distribute your app within an enterprise:

1) Provide the Enterprise a copy of the app file (COD, BAR) and let them host and distribute the app

2) Host the app in BlackBerry World then allow admins to curate their corporate BlackBerry World using externally visible apps.

Improved enterprise distribution is definitely being investigated, but nothing is available to date.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.