Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: OPTIMUS

Handhelds OS 7.0 gets timeout error messages

[ Edited ]

Handhelds with Blackberry OS 7.0 (9900 & 9790) gets timeout error messages when accessing an Internal WebSite (HTTPS) through BES/MDS Server (BES 4.1.6 MR8).

This problem only occurs with Handhelds version 7.0. On our company, we have about 600 handhelds with version 6 or earlier without any problems.

All handhelds with version 6 or earlier connects to all WEB functionalities available with GET or POST calls without problems. On handhelds with version 7, the initial page is properly shown with a GET call, but next calls (POST) hangs and a timeout message is displayed.

SSL Handshake abstract during GET calls:

Source          Destination          Info
BES               App                        TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Client Hello
App                BES                       TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Server Hello
                                                      TLSv1 Record Layer: Change Cipher Spec Protocol: Change Cipher Spec
                                                      TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Encrypted Handshake Message
BES               App                        TLSv1 Record Layer: Change Cipher Spec Protocol: Change Cipher Spec
BES               App                        TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Encrypted Handshake Message
                                                      TLSv1 Record Layer: Application Data Protocol: http
App                BES                       TLSv1 Record Layer: Application Data Protocol: http

During SSL Handshake, a certificate error message is shown "Level: Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown":

SSL Handshake abstract during POSTcalls

Source                  Destination            Info
BES                       App                          SSLv2 Record Layer: Client Hello
App                        BES                         TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Multiple Handshake Messages
BES                       App                          TLSv1 Record Layer: Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown)

Any help will be appreciated, Bruno Correia

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Handhelds OS 7.0 gets timeout error messages

Hi Bruno and welcome to the forums!

First thing, what are the TLS settings of the device set to (proxy or handheld)? Try switching from the current setting to the other and see if that works.

Is there any setting on the BES to deny access to untrusted sites?

Is the certificate used by this server installed to the BES keystore?

Can you gather BES MDAT logs for the time that one of these issues is reproduced and post them along with the PIN of the device that was used?

Thanks,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!