Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
arindamhit
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Airtel

How to create Mobile Device Management Solution using BES 10?

Hi,

I want to create a separate application which can manage the Blackberry 10 Device. For that i do not want to use the Mobile Fusion or BES10 Client. So for this i need few clarification:

1. How to set up the server which will use BES 10 to manage the device which are registered with my server.

2. How the Mobile client will behave like the Administrator Application of the device? Means, using this app, i can manege the user, device hardware etc.
 So what are the API's are required to manage a device Administrator App.

3. Is BB 10 Cascade platform is providing any API's to lock/unlock device, manage the other apps, getting the message data, call data etc?

Thanks,

Arindam.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How to create Mobile Device Management Solution using BES 10?

There is a BES Developer forum, this question will probably be better answered there, I've asked a mod to move it.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to create Mobile Device Management Solution using BES 10?

For question 1 you likely do want to post to the business forums.

Question 3: There are no Cascades-specific APIs to interact with the BES, though you could use a Qt Webservices/SOAP framework and create your own custom client.

Question 2: All docs on BlackBerry Web Services for the BES can be found here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/categories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Web+Services

The docs above provide details on the calls that are supported, but you will need to decide what kind of administration client to create. 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.