Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
dcam
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

How to get BB Web Services DLL for .NET Development

[ Edited ]

I generated the proxy files for the bws and BWSUtil web services for Java and I ve gotten easily java sources.

The problem comes when I want to generate DLL for .Net Development. I called wsdl instead of CXFApache and I do not obtain the references.

Do i miss any step? How can I get the libraries?

Thanks.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to get BB Web Services DLL for .NET Development

You can generate the proxy CS files by following the steps outlined in this doc:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Getting-Started-with-BlackBerry-...

The CS file could be compiled into a DLL if desired.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
dcam

I have followed the document that you said, but as I said I dont get the references in DLL format, I got *.java API and I cannot use them as long as I program with .NET.

Thanks

Retired
gbeukeboom

If you're getting Java files as a result then it means you're following the *wrong instructions*. The article I linked has 2 sets of instructions, one for Java and another for C#, here is the direct link to the C# instructions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/attachments/rim/bes_dev@tkb/17/6/NET%20BWS%20Sample.zip

This will generate a .CS proxy file, not a DLL, but you can compile the .CS file to a DLL if desired.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
dcam

I said it wrong. In .NET development: How do I reference a class from WebServices API? When I create proxy.cs It does not generate any reference for .net, however java does.

Retired
gbeukeboom

The download from the artickle includes a sample app. Just copy the generated proxy.cs file to your app then start referencing objects and methods from it. If you experience any errors in .NET when doing this just let us know.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!