Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
fineadi
My Device: Strom 9530

How to get push notification icon in blackberry like apple push notification icon

I am new to BlackBerry/mobile application development.

I want to know  "How to get push notification icon in blackberry like apple push notification icon?"

apple push.jpg

I want the icon on Home Screen to changed/updated with the notification value as shown in above figure which looks similar as in Apple Apps.

Is this possible? if so what is the process and procedure to achive?

Developer
kiran_b
My Device: 8520

Re: How to get push notification icon in blackberry like apple push notification icon

will u share your push notification code as i am facing the problem with creating notifications...

New Contributor
fineadi
My Device: Strom 9530

Re: How to get push notification icon in blackberry like apple push notification icon

I too need the code and knowledge of how to code it...

I will be thankfull if you can help me out....

First I would like to know whether it is possible or not?

Latter I wish to know how to code it? If some solution  exsits!!!

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there,

The code for this is independant of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, so for further questions like this please engage the boards for the technology being used to code the application (web or Java).

This can be done, but not from a Browser Channel Push. There are 2 places you can add the notifier:

1) The application icon. For this you can update your icon programmatically in Java using the HomeScreen.updateIcon() method. You would need to construct the new icon with number in the corner.

2) In the notifications section of the device banner. This is where new messages (email, BBM, SMS etc) are shown. To integrate here please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Application-Indicators-and-Home-Screen-Integ...

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!