Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
ashworks
My Device: *

Integrated authentication

Hello,

I'm new to BlackBerry Enterprise Server Development.
I'm trying to do an application using the Web Service, in a .NET environment.

I manage to get some query results, but only using a plain text account & password in the code.
What I want is to use the current logged account, is this possible with Blackberry Web Services ?

Thanks in advance.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Integrated authentication

Does your BAS have SSO enabled? Does your Windows AD account exist on the BAS?

I don't believe this is supported yet, but if it were it would require the BAS to have your AD account added and SSO enabled for the BAS so you don't need to login explicitly when using Internet Explorer.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
ashworks

Hi and thank you for your answer.

What I want is not SSO on the BAS web console via IE, but a way to use the default credentials to the web service, without managing any password.

I guess service.UseDefaultCredentials = true is supposed to have this behavior, but I still get a Unauthorized exception.

Retired
gbeukeboom

You can't use the default credentials becaause the BAS expects the username to be formatted specially.

I mentioned SSO because with SSO enabled on the web console the default credentials are used. So if SSO is not enabled in the web console you won't be able to use them, regardless, in BWS.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
ashworks

Ok thanks !

I gave it a try, enabling SSO via the console. Indeed it still does not work using UseDefaultCredentials. 
As a conclusion, there is no way to use the current user's credentials when calling the web service isn't it ? :smileysad:

Retired
gbeukeboom

ashworks wrote:

Ok thanks !

I gave it a try, enabling SSO via the console. Indeed it still does not work using UseDefaultCredentials. 
As a conclusion, there is no way to use the current user's credentials when calling the web service isn't it ? :smileysad:

Yes, that appears to be the case. If this functionality gets added I'm sure it will be included in the release notes.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!