Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

DPL
New Contributor
My Device: BES 5.0

LBS 15 minute minimum setting - any idea why its 15 minutes?

We're developing a solution and hoping to use LBS but at a minimum 15 minute interval, that doesn't really work for us.  I am curious if anyone knows why RIM has made the minimum so high?  We need 1 minute or even less if possible. 

Appreciate the input. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: LBS 15 minute minimum setting - any idea why its 15 minutes?

Hi DPL,

Are you looking to use Java or Web technologies for your development? You would likely be best to post on one of those specific boards.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
DPL
New Contributor
My Device: BES 5.0

Hi Garett, thanks for the reply.

We're using web technologies (.NET) and have already built the prototype.  The question is more specific to the BES update interval setting which ranges from 15 minutes to 60 minutes.  We are wondering why RIM has chosen such a high minimum interval?  To effectively track a BB user using LBS, we would need that interval to be much lower (e.g. 1 minute or less even) 

If you are aware of a way we can request this feature with RIM, that would be great to know.

Darren

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Darren,

Since you are inquiring about the default BES behaviour I would suggest posting to one of the BES boards which should better be able to address your inquiry.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!