Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
araskin
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
Accepted Solution

MDS Simulators - Where are you?

Hi Everyone,

I have found the BB simulators at http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html

but cant seem to find the MDS simulator downloads. I did google it and found a download page but am surprised that its not linked from the developer site anymore. Am I missing something?

Alon

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: MDS Simulators - Where are you?

Hi Alon,

The most current MDS Simulators are bundled with the development tools. Which IDE are you using to create apps? 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
araskin

We are doing pure HTML5 apps (browser based) so we just use any web editor. Though we do have a push server that we built that we want to test BES MDS Push with. Hence why we need the MDS simulators. Is there a direct download where we dont have to download the IDE also (I know there used to be)?

Retired
gbeukeboom

For web-based development we now have an emulator which can be used in place of the simulator and MDS:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
araskin

Thanks Garret. Since we are enterprise based we need to test BES MDS Push and hence why we need to MDS simulators. Ripple is a device simulator. We need the MDS simulators.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Push can be tested in Ripple today. If you need the MDS Simulator it is bundled with the WebWorks SDK for smartphones:

ex C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.0.9\mds

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!