Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Visitor
DrivelFree
My Device: Bold

PLEASE HELP: Short Funcitonal Script to Automate User Creation: Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010

[ Edited ]

We're currently in the process of moving off of Lotus Notes messaging and onto Exchange 2010. We have thousands of users and want to make the transition as seamless as possible. To that, we're looking to automate BlackBerry user creation and software pushes as BES for Lotus Notes can't be "converted" to Exchange 2010...a fresh install of BES has been put in place. I'm hoping to accomplish this with a simple script, the idea being: 1) Once the user has been migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010, their email address will be added to a CSV file.. 2) The script will then parse this CSV file for users with existing BlackBerry accounts in Lotus Notes by comparing it to the database, and add only those existing users (with server name) to a text file. 2) The script should then reference the email addresses in the text file and then create the new account and the appropriate software configuration. We have a script that was developed by someone else, but I think it's long winded and will likely complicate the process. Looking for something simple and functional. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this task? Anyone with experience in this scenario? Thanks!

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: PLEASE HELP: Short Funcitonal Script to Automate User Creation: Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010

This could be done relatively easily using BWS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Getting-Started-with-BlackBerry-...

BWS supports the creation of Groups and Users, and also the assignment (not creation) of Software configurations. Take a look at the above refernced guide and let me know if you have any questions.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!