Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
dcam
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Performance Test WebServices API. BB10

I would like to test the performance of my Application which uses BB WebServices API for BES10.

How can I add fake devices in order to run the test?

I havent found any Tool from BlackBerry or third-party application.

thanks 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jbentley
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Performance Test WebServices API. BB10

You can't add a fake device.  You can create users in the system using BWS with the "createUsers" API.

You can create administrative users that won't have a device, but in order to query users device info (device owning users), they have to be registered and then Enterprise Activate their device against that account that was created (using email address that was provided when they were created).

A number of companies are using BWS (BB WebServices) to provision their users prior to the user receiving their device.  Once they receive their device, the user will add an account by using the Enterprise Activation password that was set for them when they were registered/created.

In the absence of the user activating their device (physical device), you will only have user objects registered in the database with no completion of activation (no PIN, device type, model, OS version, etc.).  You can still use BWS to list the users, add IT Policies, add them to groups, etc.

Hopefully this clarifies things, even though it isn't the result you were looking for.

Please use plain text.