Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
nimithingu
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Phone call app not getting called in Work profile

A duplicate of this http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Invoking-a-Phone-call-in-Work-Profile-ap...

In my app I can successfully make a phone call to a selected number using the native c++ phone api in Personal Profile as below:
bb::system:: phone::smileytongue:hone phone;
phone.initiateCellularCall("519-555-0100");
or using the invokation framework.

The application that I am making is to be used in the Work Profile all the other functionality works like in compose of email but Phone app does not get invoked in the Work profile it works on Personal profile of the phone.

Do I need any special permission on the BES server side or something, since it is been deployed on the BES Server?

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Phone call app not getting called in Work profile

Hi there,

With the demarcation of personal and work perimeters in BlackBerry 10 certain applications will be designated as "personal" applications and be unaccessible from the corporate perimeter; one such app is the Phone. So calls cannot be initiated from the work perimeter using the configurations currently provided in BlackBerry 10 today.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
nimithingu
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

Thank you but why such a restriction, at-least on a Phone App as it would be required even in Work environment.
Which other apps are inaccessible in Work perimeter?
Is there a documentation for the same as I was unable to find specific KB article also on this.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

I would also be interested in a list of limitations, and if there are plans to change this "phone is personal" idea.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

We are working with the Enterprise folks to get something published that would explain this in more detail.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

better get them working on something that resolves the issue.
explaining my customers that the "call this number" action is not available because they installed the application in the work perimeter is not really something i look forward to, especially as there is no API that allows me to check for that and hide the action.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter