Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany
Accepted Solution

Push Notification to BES Groups over MDS

Hi,

ich have a small issue. My Application sends push notifications to one or multiple BES Groups.

This works all fine as long as the group name has no blanks in the Name like "Test Group".

I have test it with the following to URLs:

http://10.40.0.25:8080/push?DESTINATION=$TEST Group&PORT=100&REQUESTURI=/
Return Value: 505 / HTTP Version Not Supported

http://10.40.0.25:8080/push?DESTINATION=$TEST%20Group&PORT=100&REQUESTURI=/
Return Value: 403 / Forbidden

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Benjamin

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push Notification to BES Groups over MDS

Hi Benjamin,

Group push has a few issues currently. The best way to proceed would be to poll device PINs from the BAS (using BWS) then push to PINs directly rather than to Groups. It will make management of push reception much easier as well.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Hi Garett,

can you say me if there exist a limit of maximum devicePINs per Push URL? Because I need this feature for a BlackBerry Infrastructur with 20.000 BlackBerry devices. So it could be possible that one push notifications goes to 1000 an more devices.

And will the push notification automaticly routed to the right MDS Service (currently there are 20 MDS Services running)?

Or must I handle that manually?

Thanks in advance.

Benjamin

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Benjamin,

Are you targeting 20,000 users in a single environment? Are all user managed from a single BAS?

A Central Push Server can be set up to reach all users from one MDS instance, but 20,000 pushes would cause some stress. I would suggest incremental testing and see how the performance is impacted before trying with the full 20,000.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Hi Garett,

Yes, its a single environment.

I must ask my technical guys, but I think there are 20 BES servers, 20 MDS Services and one BAS Service.

So if it is possible for example to push a notification to one MDS Service for 1000 device over one URL like "http://10.X.X.X:8080/push?DESTINATION=$273xxEDB&DESTINATION=$22xxx236&DESTINATION=......&

PORT=100&REQUESTURI=/" I think it is OK for me. So I can make a thread which send 20 push notifications with a time-delay.

Thanks.