Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
wtdnielsen
My Device: None
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Push Service SDK, add application

Hello

I am using the High-level Sample Push initiator and I would like to add an application.

I will use the Enterprise Push. In the guide it says that I dont need to register for the push server when using enterprise. But when I want to add an application I have to enter an application id. Where do I get that Id from?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push Service SDK, add application

Did you install the SDK for BIS or BES configuration? On the BES you would either create your own app ID, use the "Application package identifier" listed in the BAS console, or use the port if using legacy push (to also support old apps pre OS 10).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen

I installed the highlevel sample with tomcat. All i want to do is to notify my webworks clients when there are new data on the server. I guess my backend most call the tomcat push server somehow to send the push messages
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

I need to know whether you chose BIS or BES when the SDK was installed, I don't believe BES would ask for app ID, so you may need to re-install.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen

I have just reinstalled and i selected BES only and after that I select Enterprise Push as the type of push application. Still I need to provide an application name, version, push listen port, max daily quota, id, description, service level, expiry date and added by.

I also do not know what username to provide 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen

Maybe the id I need to use is the one from the config.xml (the config file for my app, in this case the Push Capture example)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen

and the push listen port is 8443 i guess (sorry I am not used to this server setup)

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

wtdnielsen wrote:

I have just reinstalled and i selected BES only and after that I select Enterprise Push as the type of push application. Still I need to provide an application name, version, push listen port, max daily quota, id, description, service level, expiry date and added by.

I also do not know what username to provide 

Which version of the SDK are you installing? I just tested with 1.2.0.25 and the only real configuration for Push I am prompted with is the URL of the PPG (BES URL that handles the Push).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen

I downloaded the sdk from this page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/java/documentation/installing_the_sdk.html#jza1355764941890

I click on the Windows installer

After installing tomcat i go to localehost:8080/high-level-sample

Then I have to choose push type and add application informations

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Ah ok. Well for BES you would create most of those values yourself. There is no quota etc for BES, so these should be ignored by the system but you may want to set them to some upper limit just to be safe.

A username and password is only required on the BES if authentication has been enabled by your BES Admin.

I posted above a few options for your app ID, but it needs to be the same iD used on the client side.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.