Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Push Service SDK, add application

I *think* the registration URL is supposed to be HTTPS, which may help you get over one hurdle. The token is just the device PIN as of now, so it pulls the PIN from the device.
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen
My Device: None

ok. I have tried to create a self signed certificate and then followed this guide:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=1428B6E9A297184095967963E91C484A?...

But when I try to access the tomcat server from the blackberry browser I get a Unknown Network Error - 3RSH_A.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wtdnielsen
My Device: None

Do you know how I can make the WebWorks clients trust my certificate?

Can I somehow tell the BES that my certificate should be trustet., or push it to the clients?

After I have installed the self signed certificate on my Tomcat server, I now get this error in the pushCapture App:

SSL Certificate Exception

The certificate for this site can't be trusted........

I can choose to Add Exception and then the warning disappears and the app says "Successfully registered".

I can now receive push messages created by the native sample server app (ServerNotify)

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The cert could either be installed to the BES if you are pushing through the BES (please post to the BES boards for more details) or installed directly to the device (this cannot be done programmatically).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.