Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
weberda
My Device: Z10

Set E-Mail Signature programmatically on BDS

Hi everybody, 

In our company (BES 10.1.1) we don't want our users with BlackBerry 10 devices to set their corporate e-mail signature on their own. 

So we are trying to provide a service to set the e-mail signature on the work accounts remotely. 

Is there any API to set the mail signature to the work email account by BWS or Cascades?

Maybe anyone is having the same issue and wants to provide their employees with a service like this?!

Thanks for replying :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Set E-Mail Signature programmatically on BDS

Check out this handy BWS API:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/bws/enterprise/admin/10.1.1.20/com/rim/ws/enterprise/admin...

Look like something that would meet your needs?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
weberda

Hi gbeukeboom, thank you, but unfortunately it does not meet my needs. it's not supported on BDS: "BlackBerry Device Service domain does not support this functionality" :smileysad: That's why I opened this discussion...
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

weberda wrote:
Hi gbeukeboom, thank you, but unfortunately it does not meet my needs. it's not supported on BDS: "BlackBerry Device Service domain does not support this functionality" :smileysad: That's why I opened this discussion...

Your first post specifically stated BES 10.1.1, no mention of BDS... Could you confirm what's in your environment and let me know where you're seeing that the above call is not supported?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
weberda

BES 10.1.1 is a product bundle with BDS to manage BB10 devices and UDS to manage iOS and Android devices.

So I want to set the email-signature of BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10, Q10, ...) managed by BDS.

The documentation of "setUsersAutoSignature" displaying right under the short description this two lines:

Unsupported: BlackBerry Device Service domain does not support this functionality. So I can't use this method to set signatures on BB10 / BDS, right? Am I understanding something completely wrong?!

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

weberda wrote:

So I can't use this method to set signatures on BB10 / BDS, right? Am I understanding something completely wrong?!

Sounds like to got it right. You would need to wait for more features to get added across devices for this API to be added to the general stack.

You could also request it be added to Cascades, however it would make management a bit more difficult as the app would need to be run by the user whenever the signature needed to be changed, or at least once if using Push to update the signature.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.