Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
myquestion
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to access BES webservices

HI,

We have wsdl link for BES IT Policy services and also have the admin credentials for BES admin console.I have loaded the wsdl in soapUI and can see all the ITPolicy methods regarding this wsdl.Now if i want to access any ITPolicy service ,then i can see from soap response that server says 401 error i.e is authentication failure.i tried to access this service with BES admin credentials too,but fail and got the same response.

Now my question is how can i access this services with what credentials or how can i get the accessing userid and password for this services, or how to set new userid and password from admin console or any where else to access those services.As i clearly can see from server response ,i need to setup userid and password as security header credential to accecss any one of the ITPolicy services from the wsdl using SOAP UI.

Please suggest me how to access this services or if there is any confusion to understand my requirement ,please let me know asap.

Thanks in advance

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Unable to access BES webservices

Some further details will help understand the issue:

What calls are you making and in what order?

Do the credentials being used allow you to login to the BAS web console?

Are the credentials for a BAS or AD user?

What language is being used to code your client app?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
myquestion

Thanks for your prompt response...
I am using SOAP UI tool(it is software to test the wsdl services).
Now i am using "test" service to check whether credentials and authentication is ok from server.If this services returs Ok ,then other service will also work as the security header credentials will be same for all the services,just the accessing parameter will be different.

Now to other question you have mention :
A) Do the credentials being used allow you to login to the BAS web console?
Answer: YES

B)Are the credentials for a BAS or AD user?
Answer:This are the credential for https://bes1.encryptedcommunications.com/webconsole/login

C)What language is being used to code your client app?
Answer: As i said eariler we are testing with the SOAP UI tool.
SOAP UI tools
http://www.soapui.org/

Thanks in advance...

Retired
gbeukeboom

Ok, you can't pass the creds as-is, you first need to make a call to BWSUtils#getEndocdedUsername() to encode the username. You also need to understand whether these are AD or BAS credentials and use the appropriate Authenticator in the above mentioned call. 

I'm not familiar with the tool you're using, but the calls may still be possible with a little work on performing the appropriate initialization calls first.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
myquestion

[ Edited ]

Please any idea .....................

Thanks

Edit: Content removed at the request of the author.

Retired
gbeukeboom

I'm concerned that your BES WSDL is exposed outside the firewall, that's a fairly large security issue.

The following Getting Started guide provides the details needed to get started and also includes samples in both Java and C#:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Getting-Started-with-BlackBerry-...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
myquestion

For this whether i have to have BES server install in my machine...

Retired
gbeukeboom

You don't need one installed on your machine, but your machine needs to have network access to the target BAS.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!