Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

NVD
New Contributor
NVD
My Device: Developer

Working on blackberry Admin Api

Hi,

I am new to Blackberry. I wanted to know if its possible to work use the Blackberry admin Api and work on concepts such as Remote data wiping, WITHOUT installing the BES on my  system. Can I make my own server and manage  devices and only use the Admin Api's.

Please Do Reply.

Thank You.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Working on blackberry Admin Api

Hi,

Those APIs would require a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Are you only looking to manage your own device's data? If so I would recommend taking a look at BlackBerry Protect.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
NVD
New Contributor
NVD
My Device: Developer

Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

But my requirement is to manage a number of devices and tasks such as remote installations, deletions,data wiping. So I want to make use of the api's and make my own blackberry server.Just want to know if its possibe.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The BlackBerry Administration APIs are just web services that talk to the BES, they don't really do anything themselves. The server and device integration portion is really what you would need to create but would not be an easy task. With BES having free versions as well, it would likely be best to use the BES and create your own console using the BAS Web Services rather than creating an entirely new server.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!