Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
Duke83
My Device: Blackberry 9220

3 important questions

Hi,

I got 3 questions about Blackberry AppWorld, can you help me please?

My questions are:

1. How can I convert my JAR & JAD files to COD & ALX fies (to upload my games to Blackberry AppWorld) ?

2. Is Blackberry Signiture key can encrypt my game? After I use signiture keys, can anyone reach my codes?

3. Can I sell my games cheaper than $ 0,99 ? For example, 0,79 $ ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Duke

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: 3 important questions

I guess you have Java ME games

1) Better ask in Java dev forum

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/bd-p/java_dev

I'm no expert in middlets but I expect that porting Java ME games won't be that hard, since BBOS is extending Java ME

2) When you create COD files your code is protected, COD format is hard to break binary file. Signing keys and signing are used to verify that you are the author of a given app or game, withouth signing your games cannot run on real device (only on simulator)

3) $0.99 is the lowest price, however customers in developing countries (Indonesia, South Africa etc.) pay only 75% of the app price, so the price for these markets would be $0.75

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Duke83
My Device: Blackberry 9220

Hi friend,

Thank you very much for your answer, I want to ask one more thing about my 2nd question.

you said that "Signing keys and signing are used to verify that you are the author of a given app or game", so should I take patent of my game or is that signing process enough for that?

And if you sorry me, how can I use it on my games? (I'm searching also that on web)
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Hi,

About the signing keys, I didn't explain it correct. Signing an app is not patenting or similar, it just gives information who have signed the app. This information is for RIM only, for example if they detect that your apps have some illegal behavior (for example stealing personal info etc.) they can just disable your keys and your apps will stop working. It is kind of control over developers to avoid producing and distributing malicious apps.

To get the keys, here is detailed info:

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/code_signing_1977871_11.html

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.