Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: 8 apps denied in 5 seconds. No email.

I just got the denial mails. For the two Android ports - they clearly have reviewed the previous version (the denial reason is the same, which I ALREADY FIXED!!!)

The denial reason of the first app (it's WebWorks) made me laugh so hard, that I cried.

1. Launch the application. 2. Select the "QuiteSimple" link at the bottom of the screen. 3. Select the "Get it at BlackBerry World" button. 4. Notice the button has no response.

The link actually opens my website, where there is a BBlogo with link to open BBWorld. I'm really sorry if the BB10 **bleep** browser can't render a single webpage, but it is not my app fault. Not to mention that 20 apps of those kind were already approved. Who are the reviewers, 10-years-old kids? Or interns from the nearest university?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
mikeo007
My Device: 9900

Haha, well I got 4 rejection emails...for 3 apps.

One of the emails was a rejection for an app that has already been approved and is up for sale.

The reason was (paraphrasing) "when you rotate the phone, you need to scroll to access some of the app".

NO KIDDING!

The other 3 were copyright issues, but the logos that I used weren't actually copyrighted...they were public domain, and they didn't get rejected in other apps.

Oh well, I'll just replace the graphics with ugly mspaint graphics for now I guess...

New Contributor
khsma
My Device: 9820

[ Edited ]

My 3 apps from porta thon also got denied

same happened with my friend.

His 7 apps got denied...

Hey what is going on today..

Update..

2 of my apps rejected because of previous error that i already resolved.

Contributor
mr-bong
My Device: 9320

glutton for punishment.

i just submitted another 4.

i have three still outstanding too ;-)

im still getting emails for ones that failed or denied over a week ago

its so poor its funny :-)

see how long these four take, today is 11th march.

i know these work, just as i know the other three work

will be interestingto see what happens.

malc

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

@bbblue3: The "enter" button text can be controlled by the app, but I am not certain if not changing the button label would be sufficient to not approve the app. Better UX, yes, but not certain if BBW testing is suppose to test UX to that level.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

@quitesimple: What is the URL that it is going to? I can verify on another device if it can be rendered. Is there anything you can do to the static page to help it render? If you have a link in your app to a page that you control to open up BBW, that you are kind of are responsible to make it work. If there is a bug in the browser that you cannot work around, I suggest invoking BBW directly then.
New Contributor
bbblue3
My Device: DAKOTA

[ Edited ]

@jtegen
my app work very perfect if user hit "enter" button from keyboard in portrait position.

The problem from reviewer is "previous", "next", "submit" in virtual keyboard not show if user rotate to landscape.

Why ? You can imagine how user can view the content if "previous", "next", "submit" show in top keyboard if position is landscape. Without "previous", "next", "submit", virtual keyboard in landscape position take 3/4 screen.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

jtegen wrote:
@quitesimple: What is the URL that it is going to? I can verify on another device if it can be rendered. Is there anything you can do to the static page to help it render? If you have a link in your app to a page that you control to open up BBW, that you are kind of are responsible to make it work. If there is a bug in the browser that you cannot work around, I suggest invoking BBW directly then.

Thanks for commenting the issue. On a second thought (after I vented out my frustration) it was a good catch, at the end I want users to be able to launch BBWorld to see my apps. Anyway, actually the link in my app (it is a simple <a href> to my site) opens a Browser Card (or whatever it is called) with a single Close button at the top. It seems no link is clickable in this Browser Card, and here the issue. I guess I became a victim of the BB Flow - the reviewer thinks that he/she is still in my app. I don't know if the Browser Card is behaving so by design or it was fixed in most recent releases of WebWorks, it's just strange (and tbh I never tested it by myself, assuming that it will work)

At the end I just changed the link inside my app to open BBWorld as you suggested.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Contributor
mr-bong

got 1 more approved.

3 older ones and three newer ones left.

most of these are self help weight loss, addictions(drink,smoking,drugs...), stress

management, bereavement poems, teddy bear adventures to make people laugh.

these are all for free and help people so im glad to get them up there and out

at all, and about 50 a day are being downloaded, though theres no way to see how many are retained on the phones like android stats, but better than android stats really.

so the wait is worth the rewards for me, people are getting to see things that will help them out.

the golf 4 apps are buy it apps, and though they wilkl also help people greatly at golf they dont fly

out like the free ones ;-)

they help fund the free ones so as people can get at literature to help them off me, and i have been there

personally with all these woes, not just preaching with no real experience.

will put on when the other 6 get done and dusted.

good luck to everyone.

malc, rubery, england.

Contributor
mr-bong

i still have one from feb23rd

1 from feb 24th

4 from march 11th.

24 days 25 days and 9 days apiece and counting.