Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Agni
My Device: Not Specified

A doubt about Start up application icon

I am in process of putting a web icon file on the appstore, I assigned a startup icon for the same and then found this chart

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/6625/Dimensions_for_screens_images_and_icons_4...

Right now I have a 52 * 52 icon...(start up logo)

My question is , how can I change the icon dynamically according to the phone that downloads my web icon from the app world...

Is there any way to go about this?

Or should I just use 52 * 52 default for all...

Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: A doubt about Start up application icon

Your icons will still display.  If it's a bigger icon, it will get resized to fit the maximum size of the blackberry model.  I think the only way around this is to distributed different bundles.  That's kind of overkill just to get the maximum size of an icon if you ask me but I do it because most of the time when you have an application that works on all blackberry models, you have to modify some code and images (larger images for higher resolutions--I know you can scale at runtime...just an example...) which requires you to create different bundles anyway.
Developer
Agni
My Device: Not Specified

So does that mean I will have to put different cod files for different versions of blackberry on the app world?
Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Yes, but for one submission, it is set up to handle multipe "bundles" -- That's what AppWorld calls them.  The customer will only see the bundle associated with his/her phone.