Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
Duke83
My Device: Blackberry 9220

About selling games..

Hi,

You can learn more about me from the link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Welcome-Introductions/Duke83-s-here/td-p/1954545

In the company that I retired, my these problems was solving by other people. But now I must learn how to do it on my own.. Please help friends

And I got some questions about selling games, these are:

1. I think the games in Blackberry appworld is a little expensive. And I want to sell my games cheaper for BLACKBERRY users to gain & play high quality games more easier.. Then, is it possible for me to sell my games for example 0,59$ ? Is it possible for me to sell my games to cheaper than 0,99$ ?

2. I'm developing games but I don't know how I can encrypt them. Does the Blackberry signature keys do it? Otherwise how to do it?

3. When I want to sell my games, do you know the commission percentage of Blackberry Appworld?

4. And where can I put and sell my games to Blackberry appworld?

5. Some other markets takes license of my games for me when I put it to their market, does the Blackberry Appworld do it too? Or should I take external license of it?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Duke83

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Re: About selling games..

The minimum price for app in AppWorld is $0.99

When selling games AppWorld takes a 30% cut of all sales

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: About selling games..

For North America, most people do not think twice about $0.99. The price is adjusted to other regions where App World is available. So in some countries, it might be less than $0.99 even with the currency conversion.

The app does not get encrypted. The signature to the app is based on the keys provided to you by RIM.

You need to sign up as a vendor. Once approved, you can then upload the app in the vendor portal.

Not certain what you mean by the license question. There are different types of consumer licenses (free,cost,subscription).
Please use plain text.