Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥
My Carrier: eplus

Account Statement

Hey guys,

I just got an email about my account statement - never had this before.

It says I have 0$ profit - dunno if I got it right but it can't be true.

Could someone tell me what this mail's about?

----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Account Statement

I would assume this is an early part of the move to the new BlackBerry Commerce stuff that all vendors would likely have been informed about. I don't recall or have the details at my fingertips, but I believe in the near future (before BB10 launches?) we will no longer be dealing with Digital River.

These new statements look to me like they're just sort of filling in the gaps in the record keeping since BB Commerce set up their vendor database though of course, as we've been paid nothing from them yet, the statements show $0.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks Peter that does make sense and was along the lines I was thinking when I got my copies.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

[ Edited ]

I received multiple statements from BlackBerry Commere (3 now), none of which have been paid to me. (Yes they are all greater than $0).

Today I received an E-Mail from BlackBerry commerce saying they were having problems with paypal for September, October, and November. They said they will respond by tomorrow.

I'm missing a TON of payments. In November, based on my App World sales from the reports I had 10 times in sales compared to what I received from Digital River today. Also based on the Bango invoice I received at the beginning of January I am still out at minimum half of what I should be paid for November.

What gives?

Also, the statement I received from BlackBerry Commerce was November 27, so I know that one couldn't have been my November sales as the month wasn't even over.

Starting to get frusterated.

edit: why the heck dont they have an option to filter the payment types in vendor portal, literally have 3 check boxes for developers as RIM always knows which types of payments they are in real-time. Check box for Bango (Carrier), Digital River, and now one for BlackBerry Commerce. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

There is an option for BB E-commerce in the drop-box when creating reports, so you can get some rough estimate of sales going through BB E-commerce.

What I do: I generate a report of all sales, than generate a report for BB E-commerce sales (which are part of the all sales). After getting Bango invoice I have clear picture who will pay what.

I know it is not the perfect solution, but soon Digital River will be gone and all CreditCard and PayPal billing will go through E-commerce. Given the new E-commerce invoice, it will be much easier to track sales etc. (I tried to look at Digital River e-reports in the past and I just gave up)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Thanks, I never saw that. I guess I wish they had this option in the actual chart section for graphing.

However, what if I use in-app purchase? The reports for my free apps show nada on BB Commerce.

Please use plain text.