Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
FXberryStyle
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Account vendor explanations

hi all,

my name is tony and i'm italian, so i'm sorry for my very bad english.
My question is
 about taxes and all that follows. I was accepted as a vendor and areawaiting publication of my first app and a theme. in the "payment info" I've seen "taxdocuments" but I do not know when and what should I do if I ask you something, "w9""Canadian tax election" in Italy there are no such things. I am a simple guy who likes to plan and create the themes and maybe even something for wading rounded end of the month, not a company. If I understand correctly, it works like this:
App Price: € 1.99
30% = € 0,597 to Blackberry
taxes (based on the state, we put 20%) = € 0.398
I only get 50% = € 0.99
is that correct?

if so, what is the "tax documents" and checked annually by RIM to those who make them?do not take their share automatically?

please explain how it works well because I would not be a tax evader or have trouble just for a hobby. And sorry if I ask here, but you are much more competent than all other people I asked
regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Account vendor explanations

Hi, it is simplier than it looks :smileyhappy:

You get 70% of the base app price, i.e. 70% of 1.99 is 1.39. You'll get paid monthly if the amount is more than 100$ I believe.

VAT tax (20% in some countries) is added to the app price or included in the app price, it depends on the buyer's country, i.e. for some users it will cost 2.39 while others will still pay 1.99. However this has no impact of your income, as I said before you will receive 70% of base price, i.e. 1.39 per app sale.

It is your duty to declare your income in Italy and to pay income taxes, you have to check this with a local tax expert.

Re tax documents - I believe it is only for US or Canadian citizens, so you don't need to worry about it.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FXberryStyle

[ Edited ]

thank you so much, you were very kind and thorough! :D
and if I had a company, can I use the account that I have or I have to re-register? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

As far as I know there is another set of documents you need to provide if you register yourself as a company. No idea what is the procedure if you upgrade a personal account to a company account. You can try to ask BB App World vendor support about this via the vendor support form:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FXberryStyle

thank you so much!

Please use plain text.