Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Another negative review

Because it is so typical, I''l post it here. And because it is so **bleep** frustrating - I can't do anything about it. And because - of course - I will deny it.

Title: Can't reinstall

Created Date: Jun 10, 2012 2:14:51 PM

Review Body:
I've tried at lest 20 times on 3 different days. I had to ''hard reset'' and lost my app. Now everytime I try to ''reinstall'' it tells me ''an error has occurred - please try again later''. I've been to their website which only redirects me to my BlackBerry apps. Very frustrating. I use this app more than any other. If someone from administration reads this, please give me a fix ASAP. I did pay the original$2.99 fee.

Well, if he/she just clicks the support button and sends the same request I will send back the app download link... What about we get the user email address? Or a way to respond to that kind of reviews? Or a way to contact our users?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Another negative review

Highly requested feature that we may never get. I wonder if App World people know how much they impact sales and ISV brand with all the problems of App World. How can a store charge 30% and cannot do the basic of things.

Currently, App World has issues of:

1) Installs not 100% and many have to reinstall to get it to run properly

2) Wrong version gets installed by a subset of users

3) In-app purchases not 100% reliable

4) Poor search results

5) Inability to contact customers on issues

6) Inability to edit previous reviews 

7) Policy changes not being vetted 

I'm certain others could add to this list.

It would be nice that for every sale that causes a problem, that App World loses their 30% on that sale. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

jtegen wrote:

Highly requested feature that we may never get. I wonder if App World people know how much they impact sales and ISV brand with all the problems of App World. How can a store charge 30% and cannot do the basic of things.

It would be nice that for every sale that causes a problem, that App World loses their 30% on that sale. 

A  30% penalty is not enough because the hundreds of people who ask for support need to be attended to personaly. This fiasco is costing me time and money and I want to be paid for my efforts

II finally got enough time to complete my latest upgraqde but I can't submit it to App World for fear that my customers will be downgraded when they try to install it. Instead of rave reviews, I would get another flood of bad reviews and support requests that I am helpless to resolve. More lost time and money!

Sure I could add stuff  to the list of complaints, but why bother?  When I send anything to Vendor support,I never hear back from them. Sorry for yelling but I'm so pissedoff I could scream!!!!

RIM: MAY I PLEASE HAVE A STATUS REPORT?

WHEN WILL THIS MESS BE CLEANED UP?

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

This is the same problem I have every day.  User leaves a non support review with 0 star rating.  What is worst is when the review happens on a Friday.  Even if I deny the review it will take days to get it approved.  By then sales are 0.

Please use plain text.