Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Any RIM employees out there?

Obviously there are some major issues with the vendor portal. There are several threads in this forum detailing problems that have been unresolved for weeks.

A few of the major problems:

• Sort by popularity is actually sorting by rank, putting 5-star apps with only 1 review on top
  • The new report system is a joke, not only did you guys make it more complicated and time consuming, but the reports are downloaded as a file called "home.seam" which then have to be renamed to a .csv file
  • There have been various issues with dynamic keys
  • Vendors are losing money as sales have plummeted. 
But the worst part of it all is that RIM has said absolutely nothing to us. They're acting like nothing is wrong, and that has me really worried.
I'm a big fan of RIM and I love developing for Blackberry, but my confidence in the company has become rattled in the last couple of weeks.
Can someone from RIM please say something? Anything! I just need to know that you're working on a solution, or at least that you guys know there are problems. I want to know that things aren't going to stay this way forever.
Thank you,

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Any RIM employees out there?

Any updates on this? The download reports issue is REALLY frustrating... any help would be greately appreciated.

Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Try using Firefox to download the reports. I had the same naming problem (home.seam) using Chrome, but when downloading with Firefox the files are correctly named.

Regular Contributor

And... no answer from RIM yet :smileyfrustrated:.... * disappointed*

Developer

RIM hasn't replied to any emails either. What is going on?????????!!!!!!!

Contributor

I feel they not working? Some how I'm waiting they checking my app for long time.

and now app world down again. - -'

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Maybe they're all on Christmas vacation?

This is getting kind of depressing. Is anyone else downloading the Android SDK right now? :smileysad:

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey all,

So sorry no one responded to this thread.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the sorting of popular apps, I am getting this issue escalated and I will update you once I receive any information.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thank you for your intervention - but what about the reporting issues?

The "popular versus highest rated" issue is annoying but the lack of reliable reporting is killing us. We can't run our business without it.

And why have our sales dropped since the upgrade?

Why is no one from RIM commenting on these two issues. They certainly have been getting tremendous amounts of discussion on this forum. Much more than the popular versus highest rated issue.

What has gotten all your developers up in arms is you won't talk to us about these issues. Instead, we get what amounts to a press release that tells us how great the new App World portal is.

It may well be, but if the changes are causing us a loss of sales, and we can't run our business because the rew reporting system is so user hostile (plus just doesn't work 75% of the time), it really doesn't matter how wonderful the new system is, does it?

Developer

Another issue that IMO is causing loss of sales is appworld downtime. There have been at least two days in the last week when the appworld would not authenticate the blackberry id and password on the device straight for 4-5 years. And sales had dropped 50% on these days.