Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Aopp world Submissions Issue

Hi I need to get some support regarding my App World Submission but don't know where to go.  I have already submitted two requests using the Vedor Support Form but I have not received any communication regarding these.

I created my Product and submitted my release.  Shortly after(and before the first release was reviewed) I discovered that the release would not run on OS 1.0.x so I submitted a new release right away that would run on both OS 1.0.x and 2.0.x.

My Second release was reviewed and approved and has no open CR's on it but I am unable to Post for Sale.  

My First release however is still listed as under review, it's status is set to Waiting on Test House and has 2 open CR's.  This I suspect is why I cannot post my second release.

As I said I have sent a 2 support request in using the vendor support form but I have not received any communication, not even something saying they received my forms.  There has been no changes to my first release or the two open CR's for a couple days now.

If there is someone here from RIM that can help me out please let me know and I will send you specific details about my Product, Releases and CR's.

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Aopp world Submissions Issue

How long ago did you submit the first support request through that form?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

The second one was yesterday evening, the first was either Wed evening or early yesterday.  Do I need to be more patient?

Developer

Yes, in my experience (personally and after watching for a year) I'd say give it another 2-3 working days... (Don't shoot the messenger!)

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

But in your experience they do respond and resolve issues effectively and efficiently?

Developer
My Device: Z10

that is normal.  usually takes 7 to 10 days.

I'm still waiting after 10 days just for RIM to approve new releases.  Sometimes RIM approves them the same day but recently it just sat there.  Not sure if my request is showing up on their system but 10 days is way too long to approve new releases.  Appworld really need to change to make the approval faster.

Contributor

I am not a patient person, this is going to drive me nuts.

Developer

smiley, note that his issue is probably not waiting to get approval. As he said, his second release has been approved but he can't post it for sale. In past in similar situations they've sometimes made a mistake like this and overlooked the earlier version rather than properly approving it or rejecting it or whatever they do.

There should be no need to wait 10 days for a response on the vendor support form requests. I think a few working days is a reasonable time in which to expect a response though, even if it's just "sorry, we're looking into it".

Developer
My Device: Z10

Peter9477 - I have the same problem as him.  RIM approved 1.0.1 and NOT 1.0.0 and since then i have posted 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and yet they still have not approved the update over 10 days.

the only difference is that i didn't post my app for sale because i know 1.0.1 will not work properly.

Contributor

Well this does not make me very optimistic.  Does anyone from RIM get involved here on the forum and try to assist with these issues?