Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
Sonic63
My Device: playbook, storm, curve

Re: App Approval

If you submit you apps in the required time period you should be fine, you have done your part. It's not up to you when they get reviewed, you just need to meet your requirements in the deal.

Now, if I could just get my hands on a BB10 :smileyhappy:

Developer
Roshnal
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook with OS 2.0

Yeah... Thanks a lot for your answers!

And same here, totally can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 :smileyvery-happy:
My BlackBerry 10 apps: Roshnal Lihinikadu
Lots more coming up!
New Contributor
mikemcc
My Device: Playbook

It is the lack of communication that is frustrating me.

You submit an app for approval and you get the auto reply immediately they have received it.  For a company that is in the IT business, it really cannot be that hard for someone at RIM/BlackBerry to modify the auto reply to indicate there is a backlog and the expected delay is x or xx days (hopefully it will not be xxx days) .

Knowing there was an xx day delay, plans could have been changed accordingly.  I am not saying that allocating all one's resources to the release of a new product is wrong but to keep people in the dark on an approval process that was suppose to take less than 48hrs and has turned into weeks is wrong.

Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

I have 2 apps pending since Dec 25/26

App was finally reviewed after 3 weeks. It was denied because the featured image text was not that off my application name, mainly because I was too lazy to make a separate featured image for these apps which I did not plan to attempt to get featured.

They told me to change it, so I did. I replaced both featured images with the correct text and replied to the given e-mail as they asked me to.

1 week later they replied saying file release denied because the featured image had a picture of the blackberry simulator 9800 on it (you have probably seen many other featured apps that have this on theirs e.g Weather Network). Why they did not specify this the first time it was denied I don't know. I fixed this, took it out and replied to the email again.

Forward to now - over 1 week later, I have not received a response.

Yes I had previously e-mailed MSOHM my app id and app names.

The apps are for OS 5/6/7.

We are now at 1 month and 1 week...
Developer
Roshnal
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook with OS 2.0

@mikemcc Yeah, it would really help if they can let us in on the approval status...

@mapleleafs90 Woah, that sucks man... Try contacting them via Twitter- its generally faster than emails.

My BlackBerry 10 apps: Roshnal Lihinikadu
Lots more coming up!
Developer
26filip
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE

Roshnal wrote:
 Try contacting them via Twitter- its generally faster than emails.

Sometimes - I sent tweet at 30 jan and still no answer :smileywink:

All time online :smileyvery-happy:
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)

guys, please relax. it is the same procedure like 2011 when the playbook was released. It takes BB some time but after all they will approve and release your apps. one month or more is not seldom although it's a long period.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line