Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

App Denied (agains) because they have reviewed the old release (again)?

We have submitted an WebWorks based App. It was very basic and while it worked on the simulator, it probably had an issue with risizing when orientation was changed.

Meanwhile I have completely redesigned the App. I have included more functionality and this time I used BBUI.js and on top of that I locked it to portrait mode. I have tested it on DevAlpha B und DevAlpha C simulators and on DevAlpha Device. No issues and the App does not change rotation.

After I have resubmitted it a week later I have recieved:

If the user changes the orientation from landscape to portrait, they
will notice that the screen shifts.  Steps to Reproduce:  1. Launch
the application in landscape orientation. 2. Tilt the device to
portrait orientation. 3. Notice that the screen shifts, but the user
can scroll around the application to access all of the text.

That's basically a description of the original issue. So my guess is that the reviewer reviewed the original release once again. And also there isn't much text on the screen, so I don't understand what point 3 is supposed to mean.

And the more funny thing is that I have another app with the same basic UI but different functionality that just got approved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: App Denied (agains) because they have reviewed the old release (again)?

[ Edited ]

There isn't much rhyme or reason to the review process.

In some cases the denials are valid, but highly subjective. And quite often issues that cause denials are accepted for similar apps with the exact same layout.

I suggest maybe contacting someone at Blackberry and make sure they review the correct version, at least. Hopefully someone sees your post here and asks for the ID number, which would be simplest.

The portathons were a great way to provide developer support by Blackberry, but in the process it also seems to have highlighted one major weakness. Their review process seems to need an overhaul, or at least a major tuning up. I expect they outsource testing, but it does seem to be a weak link... greater consistency is needed.

Or perhaps they just took on 'extra help' during the portathons, and not everyone is fully trained yet. Not sure what the issue is.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Mobistar

Try contacting BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com with this problem, they can check whether or not they reviewed the wrong version.
Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MahendraDJ
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: XL Axiata

Hi,

Is it your application solved? If not could your please sent your app name, ID, and your vendor name by pm so I can investigate it and come back with the result.

Regards,

Alfredo

Please use plain text.